Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year 2016!

This is for all my readers, and especially for those who like and enjoy my Badlands series of stories. It's because of you that what I'd thought would be a one-off tale has now become nine, and many more, I hope, to come. 

Here, as I visualise them, are the knight, the demon, and the beast. Painted with acrylic on wood, and because it's on wood, you can see the grain so clearly. 

This is a scan, by the way, not a photograph. I tried photographing it several times but the scan was always clearer. 

Incidentally, I discovered naked women are a lot harder to paint than I'd imagined. Even if they're red demon women with horns, wings and tail. Oh well.



I'm not saying this is the final, definitive depiction of these three. You may well have your own vision of what they look like, and you're more than welcome not just to that visualisation, but to share it with me and anyone else.

Happy New Year.


2 comments:

  1. Naked women are not that hard to paint. The trick is to get them to stand still.

    ReplyDelete

Full comment moderation is enabled on this site, which means that your comment will only be visible after the blog administrator (in other words, yours truly) approves it. The purpose of this is not to censor dissenting viewpoints; in fact, such viewpoints are welcome, though it may lead to challenges to provide sources and/or acerbic replies (I do not tolerate stupidity).

The purpose of this moderation is to eliminate spam, of which this blog attracts an inordinate amount. Spammers, be warned: it takes me less time to delete your garbage than it takes for you to post it.

Proceed.