Thursday 10 January 2013

A Little Conceit



Once upon a time, in a far and distant land,
There was a mountain, and on it a forest
And in the forest there was a tree.

On the tree there was a twig,
On the twig there was a leaf
And on the leaf there was a caterpillar
Eating away, busy as can be.

In the caterpillar’s gut there was a bacterium
Which looked around, and said one day
“It seems to me beyond dispute
It all seems quite clear to me.
 
"I am the centre of creation, all this
This land, this mountain, this forest
This tree, this twig, this leaf, this caterpillar –
All were created with me in mind
All exist merely to benefit me.”




Copyright B Purkayastha 2013

1 comment:

Full comment moderation is enabled on this site, which means that your comment will only be visible after the blog administrator (in other words, yours truly) approves it. The purpose of this is not to censor dissenting viewpoints; in fact, such viewpoints are welcome, though it may lead to challenges to provide sources and/or acerbic replies (I do not tolerate stupidity).

The purpose of this moderation is to eliminate spam, of which this blog attracts an inordinate amount. Spammers, be warned: it takes me less time to delete your garbage than it takes for you to post it.

Proceed.