Tuesday 26 June 2012

Enemy At The Gates


I will be
One day soon
At the gates of your mighty city
From which you thought to rule the world
With tyranny and deceit
Until the end of time.

I will be at the gates of your city
And I will take it by storm.

I shall break down your arrogant walls
Shatter your impregnable fortresses
And raise my flag over your citadel of evil
Over your towering palace of lies.

All without shedding a drop of blood.

For my assault guns will be Truth,
My missiles Reason,
My anthem Humanity,
And my flag will be Hope
Fluttering in the light of dawn.

I’m on my way
And time is on my side.

Fear me.



Copyright B Purkayastha 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full comment moderation is enabled on this site, which means that your comment will only be visible after the blog administrator (in other words, yours truly) approves it. The purpose of this is not to censor dissenting viewpoints; in fact, such viewpoints are welcome, though it may lead to challenges to provide sources and/or acerbic replies (I do not tolerate stupidity).

The purpose of this moderation is to eliminate spam, of which this blog attracts an inordinate amount. Spammers, be warned: it takes me less time to delete your garbage than it takes for you to post it.

Proceed.