Tuesday 7 June 2016

Burn

Today
I am anger
I am wrath
I am the essence of 
Vengeance come.

I am galaxies colliding
In a storm of gravity wells merging
I am black hole
All consuming

I am retribution
I am fury.

I am the blood in your veins
The tight-gripping rage in your throat.

I am the blazing fire
I am the desert wind
Blowing through the sockets of
Emptied skulls.

I am Nature red in tooth and claw
The mother bear fighting for her cubs
The wolf defending his pack from the hunter's guns.

I am the wild boar charging the spear
I am the valour of the bull in the corrida's bloody ring.

I am the knife, the swollen red sun
Which will burn your lands to ashes.
I am the march of Time
Grinding you under the tread of the years.

I am what you refuse to talk about.

I am the monster in the mirror
The one you do not want to see.

Forswear me.

[Image Source]

1 comment:

  1. I started reading your blog not long ago, and haven't seen much of your poetry. I like it.

    As they say in gocomics, you MUST be a Republican from North Dakota, or a terrorist from Libya, the way you go on about Secretary Clinton. But some of us like your work. Very much.

    MichaelWme

    ReplyDelete

Full comment moderation is enabled on this site, which means that your comment will only be visible after the blog administrator (in other words, yours truly) approves it. The purpose of this is not to censor dissenting viewpoints; in fact, such viewpoints are welcome, though it may lead to challenges to provide sources and/or acerbic replies (I do not tolerate stupidity).

The purpose of this moderation is to eliminate spam, of which this blog attracts an inordinate amount. Spammers, be warned: it takes me less time to delete your garbage than it takes for you to post it.

Proceed.