Wednesday 27 November 2013

Forever and a Day

Sitting here, infinitesimal
Speck of life in the void of time and space
Less than significant, less than a breath
Now here, now gone –


How easy it is to think oneself
The centre of everything –
Of one’s hopes and desires
As meaning anything at all.


Like statues in the desert worn
To dust by wind and sun
Like conquerors and poets whose work
Crumbled away with the centuries


One day this will end
And all those hopes and wishes and desires
All achievement, will not even be a memory.


                       And yet I remember your kisses,                                           
I feel your embraces
And I will love you
Forever and a day,


When the seasons die and the shades go down
On the years that have passed
Still I will wait to hear your voice
And I will wake in the night
From dreams of you
Crying your name.


Till the last star burns out
Till the end of space and time
I will wait for you
And I will love you
Forever and a day.


Copyright B Purkayastha 2013



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't normally write about my personal life here but I am going through an extremely stressful stage relationship wise. It's affecting me psychosomatically as well.

      Delete
    2. Was it Herman Hesse who said that love isn't there to make us happy but that it exists to show us how much we can endure?

      Delete
    3. If Hesse didn't say it, he should have. Or someone should have.

      Gentle smiles to you, Bill. Wishes for good things.

      Delete
  2. I cannot find the words to express how this made me feel, remember.
    She is not dead, she lives on, in my memories.
    Thanks Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish U strength & peace of mind, my friend!
    Feeling your emotions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its that time of year when people the world over celebrate in their own particular way. Wishing you courage to face the present and peace and happiness in the future.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hugs you* This is very touching, Bill! I do wish you every blessing in this, as you have always known. You know where to find me if you need to vent. *more hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Full comment moderation is enabled on this site, which means that your comment will only be visible after the blog administrator (in other words, yours truly) approves it. The purpose of this is not to censor dissenting viewpoints; in fact, such viewpoints are welcome, though it may lead to challenges to provide sources and/or acerbic replies (I do not tolerate stupidity).

The purpose of this moderation is to eliminate spam, of which this blog attracts an inordinate amount. Spammers, be warned: it takes me less time to delete your garbage than it takes for you to post it.

Proceed.